Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Hope and Social seaside bus trip!
Saturday, September 4, 2010 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM (BST)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Hope and Social are going to the seaside! On a blooming bus!
Subject to change (expect this to change). As per usual, we’ll be fleshing this out with further shenanigans between now and the event itself but you can expect something along the lines of:
- Trip to the seaside on a beautiful York Pullman
Routemaster. We'll be setting off at 9am and returning from Leeds town centre for 11pm latest on the Saturday.
- The band, playing on the bus for your delectation. No doubt, at some point making some very obvious Cliff Richard reference or other.
- We will, no doubt, Have Fun and Make Art. So expect [shudders] audience participation.
- We’ll stop at one of our all time favourite venues “The Lion Inn“, Blakey Ridge “Best pub in the North York Moors” – The Guardian. Which, incidentally, was the venue for Rich’s wedding too. We’ve a long and beautiful relationship with the place, come share our fave pub. Food will be available here should you feel peckish.
- All things being well (we still have to iron out a couple of kinks on this exact bit), we’re heading to Runswick Bay, to the site of good ol’ Jason’s wedding where we’ll be having:
- A Barbecue on the beach (included in
- A gig at the Sailing Club
- A swim…. maybe (bring your cossie)
- The finishing off the “Marching On Through” video series and the culmination of much fan-involvement fun.
There may be the possibility of having a little bevy as well....
This is going to be a cracker we think! We'll be sending out more details and info nearer the time.... Book NOW to avoid disappointment...
When & Where
Hope and Social
Hope and Social are a band who do things a little bit differently. We're an independent band hailing from Leeds and some of the best things we've ever done have been to do with involving people in the events we run. Soooooo....
.... we've had 70 people Come Dine With Us at our studio...
... we've taken 80 people to the seaside on an open top double decker the Hope and Social Fun Bus...
... and we've done countless shows up and down the country... including Glastonbury.
We also wear Blue jackets.
That's all very good but are Hope and Social actually any good?
Well far be it for me to say...
“Brilliant, uplifting and inclusive. That was amazing, here’s your cheque” - Michael Eavis, Glastonbury Festival
"a big sound from this impressive outfit...inspired, anthemic, great" - Q magazine
“smash-your-head-into-the-wall brilliant” - Entertainment Weekly
“one of the UK’s top five live bands” - The Independent
“I’ve heard the name vaguely” - Mark Radcliffe, BBC Radio 2
Loved by our fans, and converting people gig by gig… the most honest thing to say is that we try our best!
Hope and Social are... Simon Wainwright: Vocal, guitar, piano / Rich Huxley: Guitar, Vocals / Ed Waring: Rhodes, Organ / Simon Goff: Bass, Strings / James Hamilton: Trumpet (and other brass) / Gary Stewart: Drums, Vocals… plus anybody else who wishes to don a blue jacket…